Mary Ella Griffin, 79, passed away on August 28, 2015 in Mesa, Arizona. She was born to Harvey Andrew and Nora Irene Page in Woodville, Texas on February 28, 1936. She grew up in a large family including her siblings: Clara, David (Beverly), Geraldine (Larry), Sandra, Edna (Lucias), Harvilynne (Brad) and John (Jeanie). While working as a nurse in Liberty, Texas she met a young doctor-to-be, Glen Charles Griffin. They married in 1957 and raised 6 children; Janelle Selover (Robert), Joan Watson, Mark Griffin (Jennifer), Gary Griffin, Jill Shook, and Greg Griffin. Mary Ella and Glen served a medical mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Asia based in the Singapore Mission from April 2001 – September 2002. Together they traveled and served in Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore and Thailand. One of the highlights of their mission was teaching the gospel to their miracle girl from China, Xialian, and others. Before serving a mission she also served many years in Primary and Relief Society. Mary Ella loved family history and genealogy, reading, playing games, hamburgers and chocolate. Most of all she loved her family. She is preceded in death by her parents, Harvey and Nora, and sister, Clara and brother-in-law, Larry. She is survived by her loving husband Glen, and their 6 children. Their legacy will be continued through their 16 grandchildren: Jeff, Holly, Heidi, Audrey, Jason, Ty, Michael, Spencer, Brian, Emily, Kelsey, Heather, TJ, Rainey, Kaelin and Riane, and 12 great grandchildren: Marley, Hendrix, Carter, Olivia, Derek, Grant, Leah, Ben, Logan, Calvin, and Mila, with 2 more on the way. Funeral services are Friday, September 4, 2015 at 10 a.m., preceded by a visitation from 9 a.m. to 9:45, with the family prayer at 9:45, at the Old Gilbert Road Building – Leonora Ward, 2424 North Old Gilbert Road, Mesa, Arizona 85213. Interment will follow at 1 p.m. at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona, 23029 North Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85024. Bunker’s University Chapel handled the arrangements.